Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Two A+ movies

There are two outstanding movies out there right now. One is called "Forever Strong" and is about a high school rugby team in Utah. It's a true account of a wayward young man from Arizona who gets sent to a correctional facility in Utah. He is forced to play rugby for one of his biggest rivals as part of his 'therapy'. THe coach for that team is more concerned with having strong boys in every way than in winning games. It is just so good. It is probably in theaters in Mesa only by now since it has been out for a month or so. I guess there is always Netflix!

The other movie is called "Fireproof". We saw it last night for FHE at Harkins. It is about how to fireproof your marriage. There is a 40-day "Love Dare" in the movie that the husband takes in order to salvage his marriage. The movie is produced by a Christian company and even though some of the acting is amateur, the message and feeling of the movie is exceptional. There is a website called fireproofmymarriage.com that I went to and found the love-dare book and other good things. It can be hard to find a good movie these days and what do you know...there are two out right now!

3 comments:

Sean, Siri, Addie and Connor said...

Hi Brenda
My mom just saw both of those this weekend and said the same thing. Good to know, I will have to get a babysitter and see them.

Criscell said...

Brenda, Liz Mostoller told me to see "Forever Strong" but right after it came out here in Glendale they must have taken it away because I checked the very next day and it was gone! If you find it playing somewhere close, please let me know! I really want to see it. The other one looks good too. THanks for sharing! I hate going to movies that just aren't that good.

Allison Barry said...

i'm glad you saw "fireproof." it makes me want to see it even more!