Monday, September 8, 2008

Quelf

We (Greg, Alli, Devin, Allison, Brooklynn, John and I) played a game called Quelf tonight and I am still laughing! We added five years to our lives by laughing uproariously for at least five minutes straight. As some of you may know, John isn't a real game player but since it was family night he didn't really have a choice!! So in this game you are doing some wacky things. On John's turn he got a card that said for him to write a five line poem about his looks and say it in a rap. He wrote: "Here is the man, here is the man, you know what I mean, here is the man, here is the man." We had to coax him into rapping and when he did, we fell totally apart. Devin collapsed on the floor, Greg and Brooklynn were hehawing so loud and Allison, Alli and I had tears running down our faces. But John went over to the couch and sat down and commensed guffawing like I haven't heard him do in years. Tears were leeking out of his eyes too and the more we saw and heard of each other's reactions, the more we laughed. Oh the fun!!! Can't wait to do it again.

9 comments:

Criscell said...

Sounds like a blast!! Where did you get it? I've never heard of it before.

Allison Barry said...

that was a GOOD TIME!!! I have a newfound respect for my father-in-law as a rap artist.

Dawn said...

wish we could have been there! Sounds like a fun game...and a fun time for you all...I would guess you all needed a good laugh! Sounds like a memorable FHE...

Scott said...

I tried visualizing this and almost fell on the floor laughing. I can't imagine witnessing this in person!

Adam and Anya said...

Yes, I'm depresseed no one invited us. Darn! I wish we could have seen it!

Brooklynn said...

that was so fun!

Michelle Gifford said...

I would so love to have been there! Again, being a part of your family has to be so much fun! I need that game. I am always looking for ways to bring out the goofy in people.

proph said...

Actually, did you know that laughing takes years off of you? It's true, I learned it in a book called, "you the owner's manual" What a cool game, that's fun and makes you younger!

hilary said...

brooklynn tried to reiterate the rap in our yw lesson on sunday. what a hoot!! i wish i could've been there to witness the whole thing!